Stepping Stones offers your young children an opportunity to embark on their love for music. Next Session Begins FEBRUARY 25. Register Today.
We offer 10 week sessions with the next class session beginning Saturday, February 25, 2012. The classes are held every Saturday for 10-weeks at our new host location at the Sault Community Career Centre, 503 Queen Street East.
It teaches children aged 18 months - 7 years the basics of rhythm, instruments and notes in a fun and dynamic group setting.
This program provides young children an opportunity to embark on their love for music! Have you ever noticed how young children tend to try to skip rather than walk, dance rather than stroll, or sing when they're trying to drown out your instructions?
10 Benefits of Music for Young Children
1. Research has shown that preschoolers who have studied music and are exposed to music regularly, do better in math in school.
2. Children have demonstrated an increased ability to focus and concentrate on a variety of tasks.
3. Learning music advances a young childs social skills and ability to work with others.
4. Young children exposed to music generally have a higher self esteem.
5. Sharing and Cooperation are learned through a study of music and regular exposure to music.
6. Children must listen to study music and to hear the music around them. Music instruction enhances a childs listening skills.
7. Attempting to sing the songs and learning how to sing to a rhythm advances the vocal and speech development in children.
8. Fine and gross motor skills are enhanced as they learn to handle instruments from strings, recorders and keys.
9. Children must learn the rhythm and how to make their bodies and instruments sound as they're supposed to. This leads to enhanced problem solving and reasoning ability.
10. Music comes from around the world and has influences in every corner. It's the one thing every culture shares... it's love and influence of the music around them. Exposing young children to a variety of music from around the world enhances their cultural awareness resulting in a more compassionate and empathatic natural view of their world and people around them.
Stepping Stones instructors are Alisa Borland and Kristina Murtonen who are both young music graduates with a strong history in teaching and working with children.
The cost of this program is 10-weeks for $125!
We are delighted to be working with the Sault Community Career Centre who provide our young students with a bright and central space to enjoy their music! Thank you SCCC!